We all just hate it when our favourite pair of earrings or bracelets go a weird, unappealing colour. Anyone would want their jewellery to look new and fresh even after it has been worn many a times.
Jewellery is a very important part of our wardrobe. So knowing the proper procedure for preserving it is very important.
The reason why it tarnishes is because of its exposure to moisture.
So, we take you through a guide that will tell you the DOs and DON’Ts of jewellery preservation-
# To Do-
- The best and ancient way to prevent your jewellery from rusting is to brush a little bit of clear nail polish to preserve the shine and colour.
- You can even preserve your jewellery when unused by putting it in a zip lock air tight plastic bag. Make sure you remove all the air from the plastic bag before zip locking it as the moisture may cause your jewellery colour to fade.
- You can wipe your jewellery pieces with a soft cotton cloth to help restore their luster.
- Jewellery cleaners are a pure damage to your jewellery. It may seem easy to clean but there are some ingredients which MUST be kept away from our imitation jewellery which are present in almost all jewellery cleansers such as
- Real enemies of imitation jewellery are perfume, deo sprays and hair sprays. A single spray of these perfumes can instantly spoil the look and colour of the jewellery and can shorten the colour life.
- Some suggest using glass cleaners or soapy water to clean your jewellery but it may cause your jewellery to become dull from soap film.
I hope this guide helps you to preserve your imitation jewellery.
To shop for beautiful Indian Ethnic jewellery visit our website www.traditsiya.in