Monsoon – A time awaited by all, to bid adieu to the scorching heat and to welcome the rain with joy and enthusiasm. Despite of the joy each downpour gives you, it doesn’t bring such joy to your skin and to your hair which sometimes leaves you frustrated. Rain, shine or wind, a true fashionista never lets anything dampen her style so here are a few tips that will be handy to help you look beautiful and fresh this rainy season –
Tips for Skin –
- Drinking Adequate water – This is one of the most important point to be kept in mind as drinking enough amount of water is not only good just for your skin but for the whole body system as well. Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water for proper skin hydration.
- Shield/protect Skin – Just because the climate is cloudy doesn’t mean your skin doesn’t need any protection so always make sure you apply sunscreen.
- Gentle exfoliation – Make your skin look more radiant and glowing by using a good scrub to remove the dead cells of your skin.
- Keep dry skin moisturised – If your skin appears to be dry, apply a good moisturizer. Applying rose water or almond oil or glycerin before going to bed is also very beneficial for such skin types.
- Keep oily skin clean – To treat oily skin one needs to remove excess of oil by cleansing it twice or thrice in a day. Avoid heavy cleansing creams, use lukewarm water to wash your face.
Tips for Hair –
- Keep your hair dry – Try to avoid getting wet in the rains as the rainwater has chemicals that can harm your hair. Keep your hair covered either using a scarf or hat. If your hair gets wet, do not tie it up. Instead let it dry naturally.
- Avoid experimenting with your hair – During this season it is best recommended to avoid experimenting with your hair too much, treatments like straightening, ironing, colouring may lead to the increased cause of hair fall in monsoon.
- Stay away from styling – Using hair styling products in monsoon is a strict no-no. Hair gels and serums only add up to the moisture in your hair making it oily and sticky. So try flaunting your natural gorgeous hairs.
- Short is trendy– Short hairstyles are always trendy so if you find difficulty managing your hairs this season go for funky short hair as they are easy to manage.
- Always Protect your hair – The best way to keep your hair healthy during the monsoon is to protect it from rain. Tie up your hairs neatly to protect it.
These are just a few tips, but definitely the most important ones. Go, enjoy the rains, but keep in mind the above monsoon hair and skin advices. Happy Monsoon 🙂
Image courtesy – http://bit.ly/1qEwwUk , http://bit.ly/1lg6jpY